THE LITURGICAL YEAR

Sermons, hymns, meditations and other musings to guide our annual pilgrim's progress through the liturgical year.

Sunday, March 31, 2019

I WAS GLAD

A PSALM FOR LAETARE SUNDAY


Psalm 121 : Laetatus Sum 

I was glad when they said unto me, * We will go into the house of the Lord.

2  Our feet shall stand * in thy gates, O Jerusalem.

3  Jerusalem is built as a city * that is at unity in itself.

4  For thither the tribes go up, even the tribes of the Lord, * to testify unto Israel, to give thanks unto the Name of the Lord.

5  For there is the seat of judgment, * even the seat of the house of David.

6  O pray for the peace of Jerusalem; * they shall prosper that love thee.

7  Peace be within thy walls, * and plenteousness within thy palaces.

8  For my brethren and companions' sakes, * I will wish thee prosperity.

9  Yea, because of the house of the Lord our God, * I will seek to do thee good.

No comments:

Post a Comment